This blog is no longer being updated, follow us on Twitter
Software developers wanted!
September 3rd, 2015
At BeBanjo, we strive to make our clients great at putting video content online. We build easy to use, powerful web applications to manage all aspects of on-demand video services. Our customers are broadcasters, Hollywood studios and platform operators in Europe, the US and Australia.
We work remotely, but if we feel like going to an office, we have one in London and another one in Madrid. We code mainly in Ruby and JS. We use Git, Chef and AWS. We do TDD, Kanban and Continuous Delivery. We’re proud of the way we work and of the quality of what we build —but we’re never completely satisfied!
We are a sustainable business. That means that we don’t host parties at our offices every week, neither do we have a video games console or a gym in them. Instead, we provide our people with:
- An environment and a culture that enable great work to happen.
- Full trust to work when and from where each person wishes.
- A decent salary —thanks to what we save in parties, consoles and gyms!
We’d love to talk to you if…
- You have a background in computer science, software development and web technologies.
- You speak Ruby and know how to architect a Rails app –or you’re a fast learner.
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of the projects you work on.
- You are relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- You are able to communicate clearly your arguments, and you listen to others.
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, and you get things done.
- You want to build something beautiful and meaningful, even if UI isn’t your specialty.
By the way, we’re not ok with the lack of diversity in the software industry. We want BeBanjo to be more diverse! And so, we strongly invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Get in touch!
Interested? Marvellous! Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A description of your skills.
- Why would you like to work with us?
- Blog, personal site or similar.
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.
- Your Github account.
Our hiring process
After we review your profile, we’ll ask you to send us a piece of code of your own. Don’t worry, we won’t make you take —just another— technical test. Just send us whatever you want, something you’re proud of.
If we like it, you’ll have one or more videoconferences with people of our team, to ask and answer questions, and perhaps also, to do some remote hacking together. This way we will get to know each other better.
Finally, we will invite you to be our guest in our Madrid office for a couple of days. We’ll meet in the real world, we’ll do a lot of pair programming and, hopefully, we’ll have a great time!
If all the above goes well, we’ll be ready to make you an offer to join us.
That’s it! We look forward to hearing from you!
Filed under Careers