This blog is no longer being updated, follow us on Twitter
BeBanjo is recruiting a Technical Account Manager
May 26th, 2015
At BeBanjo, we’re changing the way TV and media companies work and collaborate. We build easy-to-use, powerful web applications to manage all aspects of video-on-demand services. Our customers are broadcasters, Hollywood studios and platform operators in Europe, the US and Australia.
We work remotely, and from our offices in London and Madrid. We speak and write in English. Our developers code mainly in Ruby and JS. We use Git, Chef and AWS. We do TDD, Kanban and Continuous Delivery. We’re proud of the way we work, of the quality of what we build and we take good care of our customers (but we’re never completely satisfied!)
About the role
We are recruiting a new Technical Account Manager (TAM) to support customers throughout their relationship with BeBanjo; from pre-sales, to project and integration, to on-going operations. This broad role has three parts:
- Provide technical input into pre-sales activities. The TAM provides in-depth knowledge of the BeBanjo products and brings technical credibility to the sales process. The TAM:
- Captures user requirement, analyses the customer’s systems and processes, and proposes well-defined and sustainable solutions with BeBanjo products at their heart.
- Leads or contributes to RFP responses.
- Lad the activities of the project phase, in order to bring a new customer on-board:
- Business analysis of the customer’s processes.
- Technical architecture, definition of integration points with third-party systems, configuration of the BeBanjo products.
- Delivery of the solution. Whenever new development is required, the TAM plans the development activities, working closely with BeBanjo’s Projects team, and coordinating with third-parties: the customer, potentially a systems integrator (SI)…
Delivering a robust solution during this project phase is absolutely critical and it is the TAM’s most important responsibility.
- Provide account management to customers. Acting as the primary BeBanjo contact for given customers, the TAM is responsible for fostering trusted on-going relationships. The TAM sets up and prepares service review meetings to discuss performance against targets, capacity planning, operational issues… The TAM advises customers on best practice and new products and services. Working with the Product team, the TAM champions customer input into BeBanjo’s product roadmap.
The role can be based in London, Paris or Los Angeles. It entails regular travels.
We would love to work with you if…
- You have excellent customer-facing skills.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills. You are able to communicate clearly your arguments, as well as listen to others
- You have high-level technical skills, with experience of defining systems architecture and leading software development. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty from time to time, opening an XML editor
- You have good project management experience, and you advocate Agile methodologies
- You have business analysis skills
- You understand broadcast and VoD. You know your editorial version from your exhibition window
- You have a commercial outlook
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of the projects you work on. You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, and you know how to get things done
- You want to be part of building something beautiful and meaningful. You’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people
And it would be fantastic if you also had…
- Experience of B2B online services.
- Working command of another language, particularly French.
A few years of experience are of course welcome, but we will consider junior applicants.
Get in touch
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.
- Blog, personal site or similar.
- Why you would like to work with us.
Filed under Careers